Cancer Early Detection Centre
The Cancer Early Detection Centre (CEDC) of the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) of the Ministry of Health, having private public partnership with Rotary Club of Colomboand successfully providing cancer early detection services for Sri Lankans during last few years. The Centre is situated close to Narahenpita junction towards Borella.
The Cancer Early Detection Centre is open from 8.30am to 3.00pm on weekdays, except public holidays, offering the following services free of charge :To Make an Appointment
- Consultation with a doctor to discuss cancer related issues including, clinical history taking to identify risk of cancer, education on risk factors and guidance on the need to screen and prevent common and preventable cancers.
- Demonstration on correct technique of Self-Breast Examination and Self-Mouth Examination.
- Screening for Breast Cancer(will be done after client registration and the initial consultation. The methods of screening would vary from client to client according to national guidelines on cancer early detection):
- Clinical-Breast Examination
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Screening for Cervical Cancer (will be done after client registration and the initial consultation. The methods of screening would vary from client to client according to national guidelines on cancer early detection):
- Vaginal Examination with speculum (if and when appropriate)
- Pap smear
- Screening for Oral Cancer
- Referrals for specialist opinion and guidance (if and when appropriate)
e.g. Breast Clinics / Gynecology Clinics / General Surgical Clinics / Genetic Counseling Clinics
Cancer Early Detection Centre,